March 16, 2016

RECIPE: [EASY AND VEGAN] BANANA BREAD


Ok I have a new obsession: banana bread. I bake it at least once if not twice a week and it's by far my favourite snack. Due to my extreme laziness when it comes to time spent in the kitchen it took me a while to simplify the recipe as much as possible without missing out on the fun and I guess after now spending not even 5 minutes on preparing it, it is worth to be spread out into the world.


To be honest, it's not the cake-kind of banana bread that you'd get in fancy cafés (it's actually more like a baked banana oatmeal!) but I experimented a bit to make it a healthy snack that is still better than any healthy snack you could think of. Also, I use oat flour instead of normal flour, it is super easy and cheap to make yourself, simply put a package (or two) of oats in your smoothie maker or blender and fill the flour in jars to be prepared for your next baking session.


Ingredients for one small baking dish:
1 jam jar of oat meal (about 2 cups)
2-3 ripe bananas
3 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp baking powder

optional (but very much recommended):
half a glass of soy/rice/coconut milk
1-2 tsp chia seeds
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp cocoa powder
something to sweeten it a bit (sugar, honey, maple syrup...)

1. Mix the bananas and melted coconut oil, mix it with a hand mixer.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Grease a baking dish with some coconut oil, add the dough and then bake the banana bread for 20-30 mins. (depending on how you like it) at around 220°.
4. If you want to add frozen raspberries or other fruit I would advice to do that half way through the baking, otherwise they might get a bit dry.

I usually just add stuff I happen to have in my kitchen, such as frozen raspberries, dried fruit, coconut flakes etc etc. It really is more like baking your daily oatmeal than a making a cake so don't be afraid to experiment, it's quite hard to do something wrong.  Also, it obviously tastes best when taken fresh out of the oven, with a little piece of chocolate or some peanut butter but it also works perfectly fine to freeze some slices and the toast them whenever you feel like it.


2 comments:

  1. It looks so delicious! I saved the post immediately and I'm gonna try that out within the next couple of weeks. Thinking about posting the recipe on my blog as well, with saying I found it on your blog. Would that be alright for you? :-)

    Have a lovely day,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meine persönliche Meinung zu Bananenbrot ist ehrlich gesagt absolut keine gute, aber deins sieht echt gut aus. Vielleicht probiere ich es ja doch noch mal aus und gebe ihm eine weitere Chance. :)

    ReplyDelete